The Internet is not a safe place for children and that’s why digital parenting has become extremely crucial. What your child does online? Who do they talk to? What do they share about themselves on the web? These are the concerns that can directly affect your child’s safety.
What Practices Should Parents Adopt?
From Android devices to iPhones, to the hundreds of digital apps available to download for free, teenagers now have a multitude of options. And therefore, they get extremely attached to their mobile devices. The Internet exposes your child to content that is not age-appropriate for your child. So, what should a concerned parent do to ensure positive usage of technology?
Here a few parenting tips to take care of your child’s digital conduct.
1 Educate your child about what is appropriate and what is not. Make sure your child know that what type of content he is not supposed to explore or what type of people he is not allowed to talk to. When you initiate a dialogue about safe use of technology, you help in solving many questions from your child’s mind
2. Get yourself familiarized with technology. Know what video games your child plays and see whether or not any inappropriate content is embedded in these video games.
3. Get yourself familiarized with technology. Know what video games your child plays and see whether or not any inappropriate content is embedded in these video games.
4. Discuss your child’s favorite digital apps with them
5. Make sure that your child knows about “identity theft” on the web. Teach them to change their passwords every once in a while.
6. Take special care of who your child talks to. Tell them that they should never talk to a stranger online as it can be a sex predator
7. Announce a certain time period for your child’s screen use and make sure they follow the rules you have set.
8. Use a mobile phone parental control to monitor them digitally
How Can a Mobile Phone Parental Control Make Internet a Safer Place?
Proper communication, ground rules and use of mobile phone parental control options are the right ways to make the Internet a safer place for children. Every child is different and only a parent knows the best way to deal with their child. But, using a mobile phone parental control is the most basic way to keep an eye on your child. In this regard, we would recommend that you try out the FamilyTime parental control app and see;
- Apps your child has installed, their usage frequency and block the questionable apps
- Web history
- Frequently visited URLs and bookmarks
- Text messages
- Call logs along with the date and time details
- Contact list, exactly as it appears on your teen’s mobile phone
There is a lot more that parents can do with this app. To know exactly what you can do, give FamilyTime app a free try. Explore the features yourself.
We’d love to hear your feedback on the app and your experiences raising a family in the digital age.